The following quality clauses are provided to suppliers, excluding internet, direct order suppliers, and customers, that provide Aerospace parts, materials, or services affecting product quality.
Tomcat Aviation communicates to suppliers its requirements for:
a. The processes, products, and services to be provided including the identification of relevant technical data (e.g., specifications, drawings, process requirements, work instructions) see Purchase Order;
b. The approval of:
- Products and services – see Purchase Order;
- Methods, processes, and equipment – IAW specified requirements;
- The release of products and services – COC or FAA 8130-3 as required;
c. Supplier ensures that persons performing work are competent and/or, as applicable, qualified/certified IAW the specification/regulation;
d. Supplier shall contact Tomcat Aviation if unable to satisfactorily perform IAW purchase order requirements.
e. The supplier understands their performance is monitored for On-Time Delivery and Quality i.e. product, service, certification and/or documentation;
f. Tomcat Aviation has the right to perform verification or validation activities at the supplier’s premises;
g. The supplier shall:
- Implement a quality management system;
- Use Tomcat Aviation – designated or approved suppliers, including processors (e.g., special processes);
- Notify Tomcat Aviation of nonconforming processes, products, or services and obtain approval for their disposition prior to continuing the work;
- Have a Suspected Unapproved Parts prevention program;
- Notify Tomcat Aviation of changes to location, management, processes, products, or services, including changes of their suppliers/processors and obtain Tomcat Aviation’s approval;
- Flow down to all their suppliers the applicable requirements including Tomcats Aviation’s customer’s requirements;
- Retain records for a minimum of 7 years from the date of shipment with notification to Tomcat Aviation 30 days prior to destruction of records;
h. The right of access by Tomcat Aviation, their customer, and regulatory authorities to the applicable areas of facilities and to applicable documented information;
i. The supplier ensures that ownership, employees, and their suppliers are aware of:
- Their contribution to product or service conformity;
- Their contribution to product safety;
- The importance of ethical behavior;
j. Specific authority and customer requirements;
k. The format and content of the supplier’s delivery documentation package;
l. The supplier shall notify Tomcat Aviation within 24 hours, with receipt confirmation, of a discovery of product malfunction, defect, and unairworthy condition;
m. The applicability of Defense Priorities and Allocation System (DPAS) rating per 15 CFR 700 when required.
Tomcat Aviation ensures the adequacy of specified purchase requirements prior to their communication to the supplier.
Form TA-742QC Quality Clauses Rev. 2 Date 6 Nov 18